Job Title: Personal Assistant (Care Worker)
Organisation: Break Barriers (Nottingham) Limited
Hourly Rate: £9.36/hr – Full Time, Part Time
Pension: Staff Pension Scheme available
To provide personal assistance to customers in their own home and in the
community. The service should be delivered in accordance with the customer’s risk
assessment, support plan & in line with Break Barriers policies & procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To promote customers independent living and the control over their life in
involving them in all decision making.
- To provide physical assistance with personal care, including assistance
with toileting, washing, bathing, showering etc.
- To be able to use hoisting equipment and moving and handling
techniques. Training will be provided.
- To assist with or carry out the preparation of meals at the request of the
customer and where necessary support with feeding.
- To prompt or administer medication in line with Break Barriers policy and
customer’s doctor’s prescription.
- To provide assistance with or undertake household tasks including laundry
- To support customers with the care of their pets and light gardening duties
- To support customers in the community with recreational activities or other
activities such as shopping, visiting friends and family, etc.
- To safeguard customers from abuse and discrimination. Training will be
- To attend staff team meetings and mandatory training sessions.
- To communicate positively and effectively with the customers, colleagues
and any other group of people who may be part of the working
environment such as: customer’s parents or friends; social workers;
agency workers; district nurses, etc.
- Respect the customer’s wishes and privacy and the need for confidentiality.
- To work weekends and Bank Holidays as required.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities within the range of the
All duties and responsibilities must be carried out with due regard to the Break
Barriers policies and procedures including standards detailed by the Skills for Care
Code of practice.
Post holders will be accountable for carrying out all duties and responsibilities with
due regard to the Break Barriers’s Equality & Diversity Policy.
Duties which include the processing of any personal data must be undertaken within
the Data Protection guidelines & in line with the principle of Break Barriers
confidentiality and disclosure policies.
Full PPE is provided.