Job Title: Finance Assistant (Payroll)
Organisation: Break Barriers (Nottingham) Limited
Location: Nottingham, NG7 5PN
Hourly Rate: £9.50/hr – Part Time/Full Time
Pension: Staff Pension Scheme available
To create and maintain employees’ payroll records. Check staff worked hours
and travel time on the rota system. Enter payroll information into central
system for processing. Process the organisation’s payroll in a timely and
accurate manner Issues employees with relevant payroll records. Check and
file required payroll reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborating with the human resources department to maintain employee
- Ensure staff data is entered correctly on rotaring system including accuracy of
- Using MS Excel to check the number of hours employees have worked,
corresponding travel time and match to corresponding pay rates.
- Checking calculating wages and salaries from rotaring system.
- Calculating shift payments and overtime compensation
- Ensuring correct calculation of deductions.
- Issuing employees’ wages by cash, cheque or electronic transfer.
- Issuing tax forms and related documentation and assisting employees to
- Resolving issues employees have with timesheets, payslips and other payroll
- Submit all payroll reports to relevant authorities and prepare payroll journals.
- Changing employee bank records when necessary to process payments
Health And Safety
- To be familiar with the Company’s obligations under the Health and Safety at
Work Act1974 and the other Health and Safety Regulations detailed in the
Company’s Health and Safety Policies.
- At the direction of the Registered Manager - to carry out risk assessments
under the Health and Safety requirements.
- Update Peninsula Health and Safety Management System using the
Business Safe Online portal.
- To keep the Registered Manager informed of the outcomes and issues that
are identified concerning Health and Safety issues.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times and carry out the Company’s
- To represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, on the
telephone, face to face or in written communication.
- To carry out any other tasks required by the Finance Department that are
corresponding with the level of responsibility.
- Be aware of and implement Break Barriers (Nottingham) Ltd.’s policies and
All duties and responsibilities must be carried out with due regard to the Break
Barriers policies and procedures including standards detailed by the Skills for Care
Code of practice.
Post holders will be accountable for carrying out all duties and responsibilities with
due regard to the Break Barriers’ Equality & Diversity Policy.
Duties which include the processing of any personal data must be undertaken within
the Data Protection guidelines and in line with the principles of Break Barriers’
confidentiality and disclosure policies.